Convert the basic white LED Owl lamp into an Internet connected RGB lamp that we can control from our home automation system.
The stock LED bulb is only 3 watts but it's super bright in a dark room. It's great for getting up in the middle of the night but we've had to kind of hide/cover it behind things because it keeps the kids up at nightsnight. I want the ability to be able to dim the the light to a lower setting based on either the time of day or the current mode of the house. I also want to be able to control it from home assistant so we don't have to worry about turning it on and off daily which we often forget to do.
As a bonus it would be great to use RGB LEDs so we can change the color of the lamp making it more fun for the kids, or better yet as some sort of indicator.
- Dimmable, instead of just on/off.
- Controllable via Home Assistant
- Change the color
- The power switch should work as expected
- If we want to shut it off we use that switch and when you turn it on a basic white light should turn on even if it can't connect to wifi.
- (Probably via mqtt)
- Ability to change the color
- ESP-12F ESP8266 chip to give the lamp connectivity
- A series of WS2812B (Neopixels) to allow for easy control of the brightness which will give me brightness control and color.
- The lamp currently has a 24v DC power supply. I'll either have to down step that to 5V for the LEDs and again to 3.3v for the ESP
- Buck converted to get the 24v to 5v DC Linear regulator to get the 5v to 3.3vkeep that power adapter and step down the voltage or replace it.
- Voltage regulator